Wednesday, February 27, 2013

REVIVED!

This past weekend Mike and I were able to attend REVIVE, a blogging conference held by Coley and Lindsey of Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market... let me start out by saying, those two girls are AMAZING. I was completely inspired by their mad skills of putting together such an awesome event. To say we were taken care of is an understatement, (we were WELL fed and had lots of potty breaks and the event FLOWED:). We enjoyed listening throughout the day from a group of talented local bloggers who were SPEAKERS at the event. PLEASE check out the speakers. They were ALL SO GREAT! Each and every one of them knocked it out of the park.

We learned LOADS of great information on "reviving" our blog and had a chance to meet many other local bloggers and ladies at the event (besides the speakers and husbands working the event, Mike was the only male:).

A few things (among many) I took away from the event:

  • Be yourself and find your voice.
  • Don't be afraid to meet new people 
  • Be a PART of your COMMUNITY; DO GOOD FOR OTHERS
  • Adri from DBD has flawless skin (HAD to put that one:)


I have to say I was nervous  to go. I bought my ticket as soon as I heard about it knowing full well there was a good chance I'd change my mind- i'm somewhat of a hermit and this kind of thing is out of my comfort zone, plain and simple. I begged Mike to go but understood he didn't want to pay for another ticket when I could just relay everything to him. I really wanted him have the same experience and meet some locals out there but he wasn't going for it. Lo and behold, Adrienne from Dream Book Design held a giveaway on her blog for a ticket and I WON... most obviously, it was meant to be and Mike was able to join me :)

I walked in with knots in my stomach and walked out 'REVIVED'. Thank you Lindsay and Coley and the Vintage Market Team for all your hard work. Interested in attending the next REVIVE, but have reservations? GO! You won't be disappointed. Mike and I certainly weren't.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►